The Central Asia & Siberia (CASSIB) Specialized Information Service "Central Asia - Autochthonous Cultures and Languages", funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), provides literature and information on the autochthonous peoples of Central Asia and Siberia on a supra-regional basis since January 1st, 2019. We address scholars in the Humanities and Cultural Studies who deal with Central Asia and Siberia.
- the acquisition, cataloguing and provision of printed and digital literature
- the construction of the "Web Archive Central Asia" in cooperation with the Center for Research Libraries (CRL), Chicago by using the Archive.It service.
- national and international research network: our Memoranda of Understanding and joint projects
- Linguistics (Altaic and Paleoasiatic Languages)
- Ethnology (Social and Cultural Anthropology) of Central Asia and Siberia, also in historical perspective
- Literature and Literary Studies in and on the autochthonous languages of the following regions: Central Asian Republics, Sinkiang (Xinjiang), Siberia, and of the Mongolian peoples
The aim of the Central Asia and Siberia (CASSIB) Specialized Information Center is to collect information from cultural sciences and the humanities on indigenous peoples of Central Asia and Siberia and to offer it central and freely accessible on a supra-regional level.
We want to actively support research in and on these regions by developing networks and by offering up-to-date and transparent information.